Whether you call it Futbol or Soccer, if you want to be good playing this beautiful game you need to understand some basic responsibilities you have as a player.
There are players all around the world who have the potential to be great players, top players, but they lack some important components in their development.....proper guidance, good practice habits and enthusiasm for the game.
- Work on your ball skills. As well as practicing with your team you should be practicing with your friends or by yourself; either in your backyards or in an open field. Practice juggling, although this is not directly used in game conditions it will improve your touch and comfort with the ball. Dribble with your laces using both feet. Work on special moves.
- Work on different aspects of fitness to be a fit soccer player. Endurance, speed and strength are all important to be at the top of your game. Play multiple sports, if not use your down time from soccer to fitness and weight train and develop core strength.
- Learn by Imitating. Watch professional or college soccer on TV or the internet. A great way to learn almost anything is to watch someone, who is more advanced than you, do it. Watching the top players perform the skills you are learning is fun and teaches you much about the game.
- Have a GOOD soccer ball! Have the right size soccer ball and make sure it’s properly inflated. It’s hard to improve if you don’t have your own soccer ball to practice with. BRING IT TO EVERY PRACTICE AND GAME!
- Go for the ball! Get in there, don’t just stand around, and make something happen.
- Hard work and Enthusiasm! Be part of the team to learn new skills, strive to win and have FUN!
Director of Coaching